Wicomico County Government provides all funding for animal control.
Please review your county and state animal control laws.
If you receive voice mail, please leave a message. Your call will be returned when the Animal Control Officers return to the office. We ask that you please leave a message on the voice mail and your phone call will be returned.
All wildlife issues such as deer, rabbits, raccoons, birds etc. are handled by Maryland Natural Resources Police–410-548-7070.
Local law enforcement can handle emergency animal complaints after hours and will contact with animal control for advice and response if needed. The animal control officers will follow up on these after hours calls on the next working day.
We can not handle animal control issues in the City limits of Salisbury because of legalities as per the Wicomico County Department of Law since they have their own animal control ordinances and officers. You can contact City of Salisbury Animal Control at 410-548-3165.
- Maryland COMAR Title 10 Communicable Diseases – Rabies / Bite Information
- Wicomico County Chapter 133, Dogs and Other Animals
Filing a Complaint
To file a complaint, please call 410-749-1070 and be prepared to provide the following information:
- 911 address or closest cross streets
- Description of dog and unique features such as color of collar
- Your contact information: Name, Address, and Phone Number
If you have lost your pet, we offer the following suggestions:
- Check the Humane Society webpage
- Check with your neighbors and place flyers in the neighborhood
- Contact the Humane Society at 410-749-7603 to file a lost report
- Have your pet micro chipped and keep the registration current. This will assist Animal Control officers locate you if your pet should be caught by our officers
- Let your postal carrier and other delivery personnel know about the lost pet. These people cover a lot of area in the neighborhood and may see your pet
If your pet has been impounded by Animal Control you will need the following information:
- Proof of Ownership—such as photograph, vet records, rabies license, etc. Owner of Animal must be the one to reclaim the animal
- Payment of impound fees to cover the costs of care of the animal which include boarding and vaccinations. Cash or credit/debit cards are accepted. No checks
- If citations or corrections are issued, our reclaim staff cannot not discuss the legalities with you. You should consult a legal professional for legal advice