Get your tickets now for our Quarter Auction!
If you’d like to donate a gift card, item, or service, we’d be very appreciative! Please email [email protected] if you’re able to help or would like more information.
Paws and Claws HSWC Newsletter
We’re excited to re-vamp our Humane Society Newsletter! Paws and Claws will be published twice a year and sent out through email. Our newsletter used to go out quarterly, but since our social media and website are so active, we thought it’ll be bigger and better just twice a year. Paper copies will be available upon request.
Sign up below to keep up to date with all the great things happening at the shelter!
News & Events
PLEASE NOMINATE US FOR THIS YEAR’S COASTAL STYLE AWARDS!
Welcome to HSWC Dr. Jennifer Mahan DVM! Dr. Jen has signed on as our full-time Vet and we are so excited for her arrival. She obtained her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from St. Georges University and has a background in shelter medicine. We will be offering well check days in the near future and she is offering to do a long list of surgeries for the general public at a lower cost. We are so happy to welcome her to our family.
Visit our adoption page to learn how to adopt one of these animals!
Shelter Items Needed
We currently need:
We feed our animals Hills Science Diet (adult dog/cat and puppy/kitten) if you’d like to buy a bag! Any other dry food is used for our food bank for residents in need.
- Knuckle bones- high need!
- Skin & coat supplements – high need! (We have many dogs with skin issues that benefit from supplements – any kind works)
- Dye-free treats for the dogs with skin issues
- Toys for large dogs
- Treats (especially pupperoni – some dogs can only have soft treats)
- Wet dog food
- Sturdy leashes
- Kitten Chow
- All natural (dye free) cat chow
- High quality wet kitten food (Iams, Merricks, Royal, Purina Pro- these help with GI issues)
- Wet cat food (any type, patè preferred)
- New cat beds (if anyone can crochet and would like to make one, our cats are obsessed with the handmade beds!)
Office & Clinic Supplies:
- Puppy Pads – HIGH NEED! (We use these in the clinic for each animal during surgery)
- Copy paper – HIGH NEED!
- Clorox clean spray
- Paper towels (Bounty or another sturdy type preferred)
- Toilet Paper
- Distilled Water
- Isopropyl Alcohol
Thanks for your support!
*We do accept blankets and towels. We do NOT accept pillows, bed pads, comforters, or anything with stuffing that the dogs can tear into.*