Paws and Claws HSWC Newsletter
We’re excited to re-vamp our Humane Society Newsletter! Paws and Claws will be published twice a year and sent out through email. Our newsletter used to go out quarterly, but since our social media and website are so active, we thought it’ll be bigger and better just twice a year. Paper copies will be available upon request.
Sign up below to keep up to date with all the great things happening at the shelter!
News & Events
Welcome to HSWC Dr. Jennifer Mahan DVM! Dr. Jen has signed on as our full-time Vet and we are so excited for her arrival. She obtained her Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from St. Georges University and has a background in shelter medicine. We will be offering well check days in the near future and she is offering to do a long list of surgeries for the general public at a lower cost. We are so happy to welcome her to our family.
Shelter Items Needed
We feed our animals Hills Science Diet (adult dog/cat and puppy/kitten) if you’d like to buy a bag! Any other dry food is used for our food bank for residents in need.
We currently need:
- Knuckle bones- HIGH NEED!
- Blankets (walmart has $3 fleece blankets we use for adoption bags)
- Medium/Large Martingale Collars (Max and Neo have size “M/L” Adopt Me martingales that we would really love!)
- Toys for large dogs
- Skin & coat supplements – high need! (We have many dogs with skin issues that benefit from supplements – any kind works)
- Dye-free treats for the dogs with skin issues
- Treats (especially pupperoni – some dogs can only have soft treats)
- Wet dog food
- Sturdy leashes
- Purina Kitten Chow & Kitten Chow Naturals
- Purina Cat Chow Naturals
- Wet cat food (any type, patè preferred)
- High quality wet kitten food (Iams, Merricks, Royal, Purina Pro- these help with GI issues)
- New cat beds (if anyone can crochet and would like to make one, our cats are obsessed with the handmade beds!)
Office & Clinic Supplies:
- Copy paper – HIGH NEED!
- Clorox clean spray
- Paper towels (Bounty or another sturdy type preferred)
- Toilet Paper
- Distilled Water
- Isopropyl Alcohol
Thanks for your support!
*We do accept blankets and towels. We do NOT accept pillows, bed pads, comforters, or anything with stuffing that the dogs can tear into.*